SMC Grocery Bidding
SMC accepts bids for our grocery business every three years.
The main grocery vendor
chosen based on three factors: Price, Service, and Quality
SMC staff, board of directors, and cooks
chose Keck's Food Service. Benefits of purchasing groceries through SMC and our grocery
- Special Pricing: our pricing is based on a certain percentage
over our vendors delivered cost. We aren't subject to salesmen commissions!
Minimum Orders: You can get one split of an item if that's all you need.
Surcharge for Splits: All other vendors charge an additional
fee for splitting a case, SMC members pay only the price of a split divided
by the number in
- Items that Split: Keck's Food Service splits many, many
more items than its competitors, this allows chapters to order small
to order a full case of a product seldom used.
- Product Knowledge: Our representative or one of the SMC staff will have answers to your
questions regarding food products.
- Product Tastings/Cuttings and Food Shows: Weekly
product tastings are held at the SMC office on ordering day.
- Order Guides: SMC cooks are provided
with a weekly ordering guide which is priced and convenient for inventory
control. Order guides
- SMC Participation: Inhibits collusion between
employees, brokers, salesmen and purveyors.
- Returns/Problems: Issues with
products are handled by the professional staff at SMC saving time and energy.
Audits: SMC conducts semesterly audits to ensure pricing consistency.